Birding can be a very soothing and joy filled adventure. Hearing the beautiful songs and watching the various activities of these winged creatures can make you forget all your problems while in the field. Unless you live in an area that has all the species of birds, you will eventually have to travel around to find suitable places to find new bird species. State parks, coastal canters or beeches, even private lands can rack up many species for the ambitious birder.
Namibgrens is a great place to visit if you are interested in bird watching. We offer a variety of accommodation to suit your needs. If you are looking for a place in Namibia to spend a few days looking for different bird species we are more than happy to have you here.
Birds that have been spotted on our farm
There are certain written and unwritten rules that birders need to abide by while out there and here are a few of them:
- Never disturb a nesting bird.
- Respect the rights of the private landowner
- Whatever you bring into the area you are birding, make sure that it comes back out with you. Sandwich wrappers, cigarette butts, beverage containers, etc., will not only make the area look nasty, it is a direct hit on an already frail environment.
- Leave closed gates closed and open gates open.
- Prevent veld fires at all times.
- Before you go out birding try to let a friend or family member know where you will be. You might be in a fairly popular birding spot but may still be alone. It’s nice to know that someone is aware, just in case.
- The hotter weather is upon us and there’s nothing worse than going out birding and getting burnt in our hot sun. Make sure you have a hat and good sun protection.
- Make sure that all your birding equipment is in working order.
- Be aware of your surroundings and enjoy nature to its full.
- This is a great hobby that allows children to participate. So, if you have children or grand kids, take them with you on occasion. Remember, the future of our environment and the survival of our precious wildlife species is going to be up to them.
- Always have more than enough water available.
- Please report all new sightings to the office.
- By all means, have fun out there.